Credit Union marketing strategies that do more than just advertise rates and services can go a long way toward achieving effective results. Focusing on and implementing interactive content, which by its very nature will foster engagement, is step one.
GET STARTED TODAY
Give Surefire a Try!
The best way to find out what we offer is to try it out yourself. We’re confident that you’ll like what you see.
Secondly, utilizing content that poses open questions and dialogue will both draw prospects in and serve to educate and inspire more passive readers. Other more conventional steps can be taken too. Just be sure that your communication is more than just a one-way street.
1. Engaging marketing can be just that – content that provides the reader/viewer/recipient an opportunity to interact with the medium. Digital/online tools like calculators for everything from growth of funds over time to auto or home mortgage loan payment versions provide a service to users and contribute to building loyalty and high marketing response rates.
2. Landing pages or interactive videos allow a user to discover their own path by clicking on available options or outcomes. Consumers that are selecting their own questions vs. being “talked to” are more likely to trust and take action on your service offers.
3. Games that are geared to inform prospects of basic facts and features in your products make credit union marketing strategies fun for you and your prospects too. Consumers that are engaged with your content are more likely to benefit from the information and utilize you for your financial products and services.
4. Another credit union marketing strategy that’s more conventional, yet still fosters engagement and business development, is to trigger a direct response in order to receive a benefit. This can be easily handled through a well-equipped CRM system that provides online response forms. A simple discount, a special interest rate, etc. – any option that can be handled this way and helps to get prospects to respond or inquire is a strong engagement strategy.
5. Be real. Today, credit union marketing strategies need authenticity. Consumers are bombarded by offers everywhere they turn and are quick to tune out anything that doesn’t resonate with them. Savings accounts, car loans, Christmas clubs, home mortgage loans – these are all things we may need at some point. The difference you can make is to share that fact in a truly compelling way. Telling stories, sharing difficult situations, evidencing problem solving, or if you are marketing as an individual, even describing personal scenarios can hit home with those experiencing similar circumstances. Everyone can at least relate to and are more engaged by true human experiences. That type of honesty can really draw far better response rates and engagement than generic marketing.
While the credit union marketing strategies shared here may seem difficult, particularly if you currently lack the resources to pursue them, fear not. A good CRM system such as Surefire provides not only the nuts and bolts to market to your prospects and clients but also the ready-made tools, calculators, holiday messaging, interactive web pages, response forms to trigger automated marketing campaigns and more. Simply click here for a Surefire demo today.
As content manager at Top of Mind Networks, Renita develops award-winning marketing materials and strategies for mortgage companies. Throughout her career, Renita has managed public relations and produced both printed and online content for clients in the home building, affordable housing, real estate, mortgage lending, financial planning, and
environmental industries. As a ghostwriter, she has contributed to two books on social media marketing. Her work has also been published in numerous print and online trade publications for industries she supports.